View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
3rd Annual Spring Clean-up!
Nature Stewardship Event: Grassland clean-up hosted by Kamloops Naturalist Club 9am with bbq lunch provided. There will be a hike led by Frank Ritcey to at follow 1:30pm. He’s full of tall tales and fun facts about the local area. Come for the whole day or just part of it!
Lunch of burgers and veggies burgers will be provided. Come on out and help to make the grasslands beautiful again. Wear sturdy boots and gloves. Garbage bags will be provided by the Naturalist Club. After the clean up and lunch, Frank Ritcey will lead a hike to check out the local area. Come for the whole time or just for part of it. Just find me to check in. This will be a great opportunity to give back! Bring friends and family, this event is open to the public.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.