View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Interactive Ocean Ecology (Virtual Explorer Day)
November 29, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
Interactive Ocean Ecology
Join us for an interactive morning with Sea Smart as we learn about the importance and interconnectedness of water systems and how our actions, no matter where we live, impact our oceans. We’ll play some games and test your knowledge on ocean pollution.
Our Nature Mentor will be Paloma Corvalan from Sea Smart. She is a biologist with a PhD in Animal Behaviour and over 15 years of experience working with children. She is the Programs Manager at Sea Smart, a Vancouver-based charity that delivers online programs, school workshops, after school programs, summer camps and shoreline clean-ups. Sea Smart’s fun hands-on programs get people excited about our oceans and empower them to make the world a better place. Learn more about their work: https://seasmartschool.com
Meeting ID: 878 6972 8946
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.