View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
NatureKids Comox Valley: Fossil Tours
August 13, 2016 @ 2:00 am - 5:00 am PDT
We will be guided through the museum and explore the fossil collection before heading out into the field (parents will be required to drive to the site) to fossil hunt on the shores of the Puntledge River.
The program is free for NatureKids families, but please RSVP so we have an idea of how many families can attend. Since we are using NatureKids funds to pay for this program we want to make sure we have enough families signed up to make this a go.
Pack a snack and water bottle and be prepared for any weather. We will be in the museum for the first 45 minutes, then outside on the Puntledge river for about 1.5 hrs. Please be advised that we may finish a bit late, and not get back into Courtenay until closer to 12:30.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.