View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
May 22, 2017 @ 10:00 am PDT
Cheam Lake Wetlands is a regional park comprising Cheam Lake and the wetlands, marshes, and forest surrounding it. Around the shores and the banks of the creek, there is a 2 km network of beautiful walking trails. We will walk a portion of the forest trail and end our trip pond dipping along a 200 ft. floating boardwalk extending across part of Cheam Lake – always the most exciting part! If you have never been to the Cheam Lake Wetland’s 93 hectares of marsh, lake, and uplands, you are in for a treat. There are a variety of hiking trails and a floating bridge where we will end our session with pond dipping. In case you’ve ever wondered what a dragon fly looks like before it has wings, you’re in for a surprise! Nesting birds, frogs and tadpoles, waterfowl and songbirds, along with the peaceful beauty of the water, will make it a place you will want to revisit.
Please join us on Victoria Day, May 22, from 10 to noon at the Cheam Lake Wetlands parking lot, and dress for the weather – which we hope will require a sunhat :). Feel free to bring a snack or lunch to enjoy at the picnic tables.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.