View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Eastern Fraser Valley
September 2, 2017 @ 4:00 am - 7:00 am PDT
This year we are combining our potluck with our September Explorer Day for a truly awesome beginning – Dragon Boating at Harrison Hot Springs on Saturday, September 2 at 11:00 a.m. followed by our potluck picnic on the beach.
No experience necessary. Life vests available for >13 years. Please bring your own for smaller children. If you don’t have one, or can’t borrow one, let us know and we’ll help find one.
Dress for the weather. Rain or shine, hot and sunny. Visit the club’s website for more info on dragon boating. www.fvdbc.com
Potluck Picnic on the Beach: Bring a food item, drinks, and help us keep it environmentally friendly by bringing your own plates, cups, and cutlery
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.