View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Eastern Fraser Valley
April 27, 2017 @ 7:00 pm PDT
“Toad conservation at Ryder Lake is an inspirational project showing what can happen when members of a community (ours!) decide to take action on local issues. Our club is built on the principles of stewardship and action in the hands of children and families, and we are proud to have taken part in many amphibian surveys at Ryder Lake.
This Thursday, April 27, the premier of a film documenting this project will come to Chilliwack. Two of our members are in the film and many of you will have memories of counting amphibians by headlamp with Kendra Morgan over the years.
We hope you can join us in celebrating the humble toad and the community that helped save it. Many thanks to all of you for supporting this important project!”
What: Toad People screening + endangered species discussion. Where: GW Graham School theatre, 45955 Thomas Road (Map + directions)
When: Thursday, April 27. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., introductions and film start at 7 p.m.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.