View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
EASTERN FRASER VALLEY
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
It’s that time of year again when all of our furry friends are getting ready to hunker down for a long winters nap and we thought “what better time to learn?”. Thankfully we have our good friend and Nature Mentor Lydia Koot to tell us about what to expect from our bear friends right now and how to keep ourselves “Bear Aware” so that everyone stays safe.
Please join us at 2pm at the Mt.Thom trail head in Ryder Lake where we will go for a short hike and learn about bear activity and other interesting and useful ways to protect ourselves and bears. At the end of the hike we will have some snacks but please remember to bring your own water bottles and dress appropriately for the weather. This event will take place rain or shine so be prepared so that you can enjoy the event and learn lots of new stuff while being comfortable.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.