View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
EASTERN FRASER VALLEY
September 23, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm PDT
BC RIVER’S DAY
Join us for a day celebrating our local rivers. We will do a shore-line clean up and the we’ll head back to the Fish and Game club for a free BBQ and prizes.
Location: 48685 Chilliwack Lake Road. We will meet at the Chilliwack Fish and Game Club with breakfast provided by Tim Horton’s (bring a mug for coffee, and a container for water). We will meet, take registration, fill our mugs and make our way up the road (leaving at 8:50am).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.