View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
EASTERN FRASER VALLEY
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The buds are swelling, and the birds are busying themselves with calling for mates and searching for nest sites – spring is almost here. Among the trees and bushes animals hide, sleep, build nests, drink nectar, eat luscious berries, and pluck plump insects from under leaves.
Habitat loss means that this idyllic setting is becoming scarcer, and we think our NatureKids are exactly the conservation heroes needed to create just such a place, a hide-and-seek for birds and other critters.
Please join us for a stewardship planting in one another’s good company and learn from our remarkable and amusing nature mentor, Gord Gadsden, on March 17 from 1-3 p.m. at the Cheam Lake Wetlands. This event is rain or shine as the time is right to allow the roots to establish themselves, while the rain is plentiful.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.