View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Delta Home Learners
February 22, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm PST
Learn to Camp
Location: Cammidge House
Time: 10am-1pm (including a lunch break from 11:30-noon)
Note: bring lunch
Parks Canada staff will lead us through 4 different short programs: Animal Aware (how to safely view animals while keeping a respectful distance), Hug a Tree (how to avoid getting lost in the woods and what to do if you do get lost), Winter Ready (how to dress and pack for a winter outing and stay safe on winter days), and Spark up Your Campfire (learn about campfire safety and how to build the perfect campfire).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.