View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Tea for the Birds
In honour of World Migratory Bird Day, there will be a “Mother’s Day Te”a for the Birds at Cammidge House. The tea begins at 12:30, but we will meet upstairs at Cammidge House at noon to put together a bird-lover display board for our NatureKids club. We can include pictures of our bird-related Explorer Days, captions we write about what we did and any bird pictures that we want to draw or cut out.
Our display and others will be set up around Cammidge House for visitors to enjoy. We’ll have time to check out all the displays and maybe enjoy some tea and cookies before joining the other visitors for a birding walk around Boundary Bay Regional Park at 1:15.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.