View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
May 28, 2017 @ 5:00 pm PDT
Monday May 29, 2017 Earthwise Tour: Kingdom search and microscopic world
Location: Earthwise Garden, 6400 3rd Avenue, Tsawwassen
RSVP by May 26
We will tour Earthwise gardens looking for all 5 kingdoms on the way. Then we will do the microscopic world workshop where we’ll discover the microorganisms working to decompose waste. We will tour the garden and look at the habitats of several species such as the mason bees, the owl, the barn swallow, the worms, etc.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.