View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Plans have changed and on this Explorer Day we will be touring a farm with Earthwise mentor Jessica. The kids will get to explore the farm and get their hands dirty with a fun activity.
Please RSVP to deltahl (at) naturekidsbc.ca
Directions to the farm:
The farm is behind Southpointe Academy in Delta. You will enter through the South Delta Baptist Church entrance off of 56 St. Once you enter, turn right and then take the first left to remain in the church parking lot (if you continue into Southpointe Academy’s parking, the entrance to the farm will be blocked by the orange cones I’ve marked on the map). Take a left at the end of the parking lot to head north, and follow the dirt road to the right around the bushes into our parking area. After parking, you’ll see a path through the trees that will lead you right out to the farm. As long as you make it behind the church, we’ll find you! If anyone is having trouble finding their way, have them give me a call at 778-681-0655
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.