View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
October 17, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Cougar Creek Exploration!
We will be learn about the geology of the area, look for wildlife and maybe spot some salmon! We will meet David Smith, our guide, at the access point on Lyon Road, between Ryall Crecent and Stewart Road/ Newport place, just a few blocks from Seaquam High School.There are no signs on the street, just a pathway opening.
Rubber boots are highly recommended, otherwise be prepared to get soaking feet. If it hasn’t been raining, it might be possible for athletic people in hiking shoes to avoid getting soaked, but no promises ;). Bring water and snacks.
If it is raining heavily we will do a shorter walk and will enter the canyon from a different spot.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.