View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 9, 2017 @ 12:00 am PST
Draw a Bird
March : Mar 9, 2017
Mentor: Kathleen Fry, Sanctuary Manager
Location: Reifel Bird Sanctuary, 5191 Robertson Rd, Delta
RSVP by: Mar 5, 2017
We are going to learn how to draw a bird from Kathleen, an artist/biologist who really knows the birds at the sanctuary. We’ll be working both in the on-site museum and outdoors. Parents can participate too. All materials will be provided.
Cost: Free to those with Reifel membership, otherwise $2.50/adult and $1.50/child.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.