View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 28, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
Bird Box Building
We will be working with the Delta Naturalists and Bird Studies Canada to build nesting boxes for Earthwise’s Agassiz location. All the materials will be provided, so come on out and learn how to make those boxes that we’ve spent so much time cleaning in past years.
Location: Cammidge House at Boundary Bay Regional Park
Mentor: Graham Sorenson, Bird Studies Canada
RSVP here by: Feb 26, 2019
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.