View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Cowichan Valley HL
June 25, 2017 @ 1:00 pm PDT
Upcoming June Explorer Day, Sunday, June 25th, from 1pm
Join biologist Todd Carnahan of the Cowichan Land Trust at the world famous Kinsol trestle over the wild Koksilah river. We’ll explore the resource development history of the landmark and then walk up the river to discover what plants and animals live in the forested gorge. Our watershed is critical to the health of our people and it is the driver of our industries. We will learn what threatens our waterways and find out how to protect and enhance their functions. All ages welcome. Short and steep surfaced trail to lower gorge. Rough trail along river. 2-3hrs. Bring water and snacks. LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS. NatureKids Members get priority spots.
Will will be taking RSVPs in mid-June for this Explorer Day.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.