View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
COWICHAN VALLEY HL
February 24, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
Bird Watching and Nature Journaling
This Tuesday is our Explorer day and we are meeting at the Somenos Marsh ( parking lot is heading north on the Trans Canada highway just before the discovery forestry centre) to do some bird watching and nature journaling! Please bring any bird indentification books, binoculars, and your nature journals to draw any birds we may find! We are trying to collaborate with the Great Canadian Backyard Bird Count that happens this month!
We meet the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10am-12pm. Come join us! email@example.com
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.