View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
June 24, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
We are going to be joined by a local entomologist, Bonnie Zand, who is going to help us learn about pollinators and will lead us through a “citizen science” exercise to survey (identity and record) local pollinators as part of an overall initiative by NatureKids BC.
Location: We are going to meet near the Filberg Park in Comox (park on Filberg Road). Our Pollinator Explorer Day will likely take us though Filberg Park, along the shoreline and we’ll also explore the mouth of Brooklyn Creek and the meadows of the estuary.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.