View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Family Fun Day!
We will be having a family picnic and sandcastle contest at Saratoga beach! Biologist Amber Stroeder will also be joining us as a guest leader so we can learn about the different types of beach ecosystems that exist at Saratoga (sandy, rocky, tidal pool). The purpose of this event will be to reconnect with our members in a fun and safe way while also learning more about beach ecosystems.
We will meet in front of the washrooms at the green and blue driftwood post at the Saratoga Beach Access Park (down Seaman Rd). We are asking families to bring their own sandcastle building supplies (buckets, shovels) and sanitation supplies (hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes). Masks are invited but not required. Families are also reminded to bring proper beach attire (hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.) along with water, snacks, and lunch. We are asking members to RSVP through email or our Facebook event before July 17th.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.