View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
November 10, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
Rosewall Creek Provincial Park Adventure
Join us for a hike and a few forest and creek based activities! We’ll look for evidence of spawning chum salmon, and we’ll also check out the recent work BC Parks has been doing to restore stream banks and protect them from erosion.
There are some picnic tables, or we might find another spot along the trail for a little snack. Pack a little something and maybe a thermos of hot chocolate and we can enjoy a “year end” snack together as this is the last Explorer Day scheduled for 2019!
Directions: The park is about 30mins south of Courtenay and can be accessed by the Cook Creek interchange off Hwy #19 or from Hwy #19a.
Weather: We typically head out rain or shine – but if the weather is looking “iffy” – I’ll make sure to send out a confirmation email by about 11am on Sunday morning.
RSVP: Please RSVP to comox (at) naturekidsbc.ca if you are planning to attend.
Guests: Guests are welcome to try out an Explorer Day, so feel free to bring along family or friends.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.