View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
July 16, 2017 @ 6:30 am - 9:00 am PDT
Special guest Alison Maingon from the Strathcona Wilderness Institute will tell us about SWI and we will learn about the special subalpine/mountain ecosystem, which is a different world from the creatures and plants found at sea level.
What to bring: be prepared for mountain weather, which can be changeable. It can be hotter or colder than it is down in Courtenay/Comox. Bring layers as well as sunhats/sunscreen and good walking/hiking shoes. Be sure to bring plenty of water and a snack.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.