View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 9, 2017 @ 2:00 pm PDT
The next Explorer Day will be on Sunday, April 9, 2:00-4:00pm at Woodhus Slough (meeting at Salmon Point). Our special guest for this walk is Luisa Richardson, a Campbell River naturalist who is very experienced at teaching children about nature.
Directions from Courtenay/Comox: Go north on Hwy 19A. Continue north of Black Creek, going over the Oyster River Bridge. Continue on, pass Fosgate Road and take the very next right on Salmon Point Road and drive to the end. We will meet at the parking lot of the Salmon Point Pub. Allow about 35 minutes one way for the drive. Please dress for winter weather with boots, toques, gloves or rain gear as needed. Bring a snack and water bottle.
Note that we usually go ahead rain or shine, however, in the event of heavy rain, strong winds, or snow, we will cancel. If we cancel we will send out an email the morning of the Explorer Day and post it on our Facebook page.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.