View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 15, 2020 @ 1:20 pm - 2:20 pm PDT
Snowshoeing with Special Olympics Team
We have been invited to celebrate with the Special Olympics team by joining them for a special practice and race. They have worked really hard this year, travelled across BC and done great in competitions. This is a little different focus then most Explorer Days events but we think it is a great way to learn about another community organization, have fun outside with our families, and promote building an inclusive community, so we hope many of you can come out to learn some new skills from the team.
Sunday March 15th from 1;20-2;20 we are to meet them at the field behind Walnut park school beside the big Christian reformed church. Please wear out door gear, bring your snow shoes (if you don’t have any ask us and we can try and source some extras), water proof pants would be a great asset.
Please RVSP as Sandra would like to know how many to expect in her planning.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.