View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
November 1, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm PDT
Interpretive Bat Walk
Join us for an interpretative walk, Friday, November 1st, 3:00-4:30pm. Led by our nature mentor: Ashleigh from Skeena BC Bats, to check out a local bat habitat.
We will be learning more about bats in our area, the importance of them, why they are in danger, and what we can do to protect them in their environment.
Meet at Willowvale Marsh trail, this is beside Elks Park and behind Ambleside Subdivision (behind Canadian Tire).
Bat Week is Oct 24-31, 2019. For more fun citizen science activities check out the links below to explore with your family.
Looking forward to learning alongside you and your kids –
Sarah Wright and Alethia Perry
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.