View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Earth Day Celebration!
Join us on April 27 to celebrate Earth Day! Dress according to the weather it is fully outside with a shelter available for some of the activities if it is raining. Our nature mentor is the Tyhee Lake Provincial Park Manager. She will be sharing with us some fun facts about how they keep the parks and the animals living their safe, protected and beautiful. We will be doing our part to help get the parks ready for another season by encouraging a garbage pick up time and will learn how we can continue to keep our provincial parks protected. We are planning a fun nature scavenger hunt and seed bomb making activity. We are looking forward to playing at the park with you and your family!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.