View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
Building Box Homes to Support At Risk Species
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Members will learn to build Swallow, Wood Duck and Barn Owl bird box homes for the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve, Camp River Wilderness, and the Hopedale Slough areas.This project is entirely hands-on and provides dozens of beautiful, functional and biologically appropriate boxes for our feathered friends to help support these species that are at risk or stressed in their given area of our community.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.