View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Bats of BC (Virtual Explorer Day)
June 7, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Get to know the bats of BC!
Join us for and our mentor Ella Braden from the Okanagan Community Bat Program as we get to know the bats of BC.
Flying mammals? Did you know the Okanagan has more species of bat than anywhere else in Canada? This explorer day will introduce you to the bats who call British Columbia home and investigate the ways in which people can help these bug-devouring flying friends thrive. Bring your curiosity and get ready to fly!
If you missed the live session you can find the recorded one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKMGNyzoh8&t=2s
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.