Ways to give
As a small grassroots organization, NatureKids BC relies on the generosity of supporters like you. With your help, we lay the foundations for the future health and emotional well-being of children across BC each year.
Your support directly helps us:
- Increase the number of children across BC who get opportunities to explore, play and learn in nature through our nature club program
- Ensure we help children who can’t afford to get involved in nature-based programming by keeping our program fees low and accessible through subsidisation
- Support our network of volunteer nature club leaders by building support, capacity and community
- Publish NatureWILD, BC’s only full-colour nature magazine for children and their families each quarter. Each issue features a range of articles by BC’s leading naturalists, as well as games, nature activities, step-by-step drawing instructions, contests, quizzes, “Ask Al” column, stories and poems.
- Work with educators in BC’s elementary schools through our NatureWILD magazine and Curriculum Connections Guide to incorporate place-based learning into the classroom and nature into the school community.
There are several ways you can support us:
Become a monthly donor:
Sign up as a monthly donor and help us get children across BC outdoors to explore, play, learn about and take action for nature.
Monthly giving is the easiest and most efficient way to support NatureKids BC. Monthly payments let you have a larger impact by spreading out your donation across the entire year. You can start, change or stop your gift at any time. Your gift provides us with critical, predictable revenue that help us plan and deliver programs that get more children playing and exploring outside.
For as little as $10 per month, you can support NatureKids BC in getting more kids outdoors and connected with nature through our network of volunteer-led nature clubs. As a monthly donor, you will receive a copy of NatureWILD magazine each quarter and regular e-news updates. Tax receipts for the full donation amount will be mailed to you each spring.
Make a one-time gift:
With a one-time gift you can donate towards a specific program or request that we use your gift where it’s needed most. Tax receipts are issued for donations over $20. Make a donation today.
Leave a lasting legacy with a planned gift:
A charitable bequest made through your will to the NatureKids Forever Fund is a simple and impactful way of helping children across BC get outdoors to explore, play, learn about and take action for nature. By remembering us in your legacy plans, you join a very special group of people who help NatureKids BC provide children with opportunities for a lasting nature connection.
Other benefits of making a gift in will:
- Make a gift without impacting your current financial situation
- Create tax benefits for the other beneficiaries of your estate
We recommend you seek the advice of a lawyer or notary public when preparing or amending your will. In order to leave a charitable gift through your will, it is important that you include our full legal name.
Our legal name is: Young Naturalists’ Club of British Columbia Society.
Our registered charity number is 849611926 RR0001.
For more information about supporting NatureKids BC through donations or planned giving, please contact Louise Pedersen, Executive Director or phone 604-985-3059.