Donations to Naturekids BC can come in many forms, but whatever gift you give is a gift to ensuring that children across the province get an opportunity to get outdoors and learn about the natural world through our network of nature clubs, through citizen science and stewardship initiatives, and NatureWILD magazine.
Your support directly helps us:
- Increase the number of children across BC who get opportunities to explore, play and learn in nature through our nature club program
- Ensure we help children who can’t afford to get involved in nature-based programming by keeping our program fees low and accessible through subsidisation
- Support our network of volunteer nature club leaders by building support, capacity and community
- Publish NatureWILD, BC’s only full-colour nature magazine for children and their families each quarter. Each issue features a range of articles by BC’s leading naturalists, as well as games, nature activities, step-by-step drawing instructions, contests, quizzes, “Ask Al” column, stories and poems.
- Work with educators in BC’s elementary schools through our NatureWILD magazine and Curriculum Connections Guide to incorporate place-based learning into the classroom and nature into the school community.
Thanks to our funders and donors, our impact in 2016 included:
- 1,250 youth members aged 5-15 took part in Explorer Day adventures, stewardship projects and other activities
- Our members had 4,320 individual outdoor adventures
- More than 100 volunteers gave 8,000 of their time, skills and experience
- 57 nature club leaders organized and led monthly Explorer Days in 26 communities across BC.
All donations are tax-deductible. Our official name is Young Naturalists’ Club of British Columbia Society and our registered charity number is 849611926 RR0001.
For more information on any of these fundraising priorities or other funding opportunities, please contact us at 604-985-3059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.