View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
January 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Exploring the lakeshore in winter
Esplanade Trail, Penticton. Meet at parking area at end of Marina Way, by the tennis courts (northeast of the Penticton Yacht club). Bring a snack and hot chocolate or tea. Dress warm. Snow boots and snow pants. Check emails the morning of, in case the weather changes and it decides to get really cold. This exploration will be led by Chandra.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.