View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
October 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Native Vegetation Planting
We will be planting native vegetation in Campbell River Park. Please dress appropriately for the activity and weather. Sturdy footwear is required. Metro Vancouver will provide tools and gloves. Please note, due to COVID-19, refreshments will not be provided this year. Participants are encouraged to pack in their own snacks and water and pack out any waste. Please try to minimize plastic waste.
Meeting location: Campbell Valley Regional Park
Maximum group size: 20 participants
Additional COVID-19 protocols
1) Participants must not attend the stewardship activity if they are:
- Exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 10 days such as fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache;Under the direction of the provincial health officer to self-isolate;
- Arrived from outside of Canada in the last 14 days;
- In close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
2) All participants must register and provide their full name and telephone number in case contact tracing is required.
3) Volunteers will keep a physical distance of at least 2 m while working, and not share tools or supplies.
Please sign up here. You will be notified if your family is wait-listed.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.