View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days* and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
*Currently, in response to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety and health of our member families, NatureKids BC is temporarily shifting in-person gatherings to online and virtual resources and interactions. Our Explorer Days will be virtual for the time being, and we look forward to resuming our group gatherings in the future!
- This event has passed.
January 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Enchanted Forest Walk!
For our next explorer day we look forward to an Enchanted Forest Walk near the Hanson’s house. We will walk the trails playing games, move through the forest with owl eyes, raccoon hands and deer ears and exploring and end with a potluck campfire. If you’re coming, please bring something you can share (e.g. hot dog, marshmallow, tea). Please be dressed to be crawling/sitting outdoors. Please RSVP and let us know if you can make it!
Location: Rogers Road, Vernon (exact address to be sent closer to the date)
To bring: Clothes you can explore in (think on your hands and knees), something to eat or drink to share (e.g. marshmallows, hot dogs, tea). We will have a campfire and/or stove to use.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.