View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days* and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
*Currently, in response to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety and health of our member families, NatureKids BC is temporarily shifting in-person gatherings to online and virtual resources and interactions. Our Explorer Days will be virtual for the time being, and we look forward to resuming our group gatherings in the future!
- This event has passed.
EASTERN FRASER VALLEY
January 19, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
A TURTLY Awesome Explorer Day!
Join us and learn about turtles who live in our area. We will adventure around the Great Blue Heron Reserve, helping clear nesting grounds. Nature Mentor Maja (Maya) from Wildlife Preservation Canada will join us to show us all about Painted Turtles.
What to bring: Bring clothes that can get muddy and wet (rain boots, rain jacket, gloves toque and spare set just in case you get wet – dress for the weather), a snack and water.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.