View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days* and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
*Currently, in response to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety and health of our member families, NatureKids BC is temporarily shifting in-person gatherings to online and virtual resources and interactions. Our Explorer Days will be virtual for the time being, and we look forward to resuming our group gatherings in the future!
Events for January 27, 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
Exploring the lakeshore in winter Esplanade Trail, Penticton. Meet at parking area at end of Marina Way, by the tennis courts (northeast of the Penticton Yacht club). Bring a snack and hot chocolate or tea. Dress warm. Snow boots and snow pants. Check emails the morning of, in case the weather changes and it decides […]Find out more »
LOOKING CLOSELY: THE ART OF NATURE OBSERVATION Discover how to use your nature observations to create nature art. Work with Sara Theuerkauf to learn more about drawing what you see outside. Register at EventbriteFind out more »
Birding in Maplewood Flats Conservation Area For our next Explorer Day we are headed to Maplewood Flats in North Vancouver. The Maplewood Flats Conservation Area is a wonderful, family friendly place to go bird watching. More than 200 hundred species of birds are spotted in the park annually. This Explorer Day will be an easy […]Find out more »
Tracks in the Snow Join our very own Christy Wright for an afternoon of snowshoeing. We'll look at and learn about different animal tracks and signs in the snow. Location: Larch Hills Notes: Be prepared to pay $5 for Larch Hills Nordic to use the snow shoe trails. Bring own snow shoes or rent from […]Find out more »
Exploring our New Home We are excited to explore a new location that has been generously offered to our club for use every last Sunday of each month! Our first gathering on this land will be Sunday 27th January from 1pm to 3pm where we will explore the area and discover what it has to […]Find out more »
Wildwood Forest Exploration We will meet at the Piercy Road entrance. Head towards Inland Island Highway out Piercy Road in the Dove Creek area. Before you get to Forbidden Plateau Road, you should see the entrance to Wildwood Forest on your right. There is parking along the road and in a small pull out on […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.