View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days* and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
*Currently, in response to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety and health of our member families, NatureKids BC is temporarily shifting in-person gatherings to online and virtual resources and interactions. Our Explorer Days will be virtual for the time being, and we look forward to resuming our group gatherings in the future!
Events for January 20, 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
Snowshoeing and Winter Ecology Join us this Sunday, January 20th at 10am for a snowshoe adventure! We’ll be meeting at Stake Lake to snowshoe, take-in a mini scavenger hunt and get some fresh air! The club will cover the cost of kids snowshoe rentals and parents can rent at Stake Lake for $10. The trail […]Find out more »
Erosion and the Power of Water Bear Creek Park, West Kelowna We will climb the stairs and look and how the stream flowing through has cut deeply into the hillside over thousands of years. Erosion is one of the most powerful forces of nature and, given enough time, water can break apart even solid rock! Dress […]Find out more »
Super Blood Moon viewing! This month we have a special meeting - still on a Sunday but in the evening. We will be meeting at the Coldstream Cemetary parking lot to watch for the super blood moon! If the gate is closed, we will park along the road and walk in. Should it be cloudy, […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.