View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days* and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
*Currently, in response to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety and health of our member families, NatureKids BC is temporarily shifting in-person gatherings to online and virtual resources and interactions. Our Explorer Days will be virtual for the time being, and we look forward to resuming our group gatherings in the future!
Events for January 12, 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
O.W.L. tour & Raptor Hunt Leaders: O.W.L. staff & Al Grass First, we will have an outdoor tour of the aviaries at OWL (www.owlrehab.org) to learn about all their owls, hawks, falcons & eagles. Cost is a $5 donation per person. NOTE: SPACE IS LIMITED, so register early if you want to come. Then we will […]Find out more »
Christmas Bird Count for Kids! Have you ever wondered if ALL birds fly south for the winter, and then looked up in the middle of December to see them flying in the sky? Come join us and Nature Mention Janne Perrin from the Chilliwack Field Naturalists to see who stick around for winter! Snack provided […]Find out more »
All about Owls Our next Explorer Day will actually be an evening event at Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park where we will talk owls. It is still cold outside, but the owls don't mind! At this time of year, owls are thinking about nesting and we are going to see if we can hear or even […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.